When I started to put these rankings for each player in order, it became apparent very quickly that this is an impossibly difficult task. Having watched players over time, you get an idea of where you think their abilities lie. However, there is so much more to it.
Many variables go into it, such as:
- injury concerns
- how many points a player is defending
- any improvement or decline a player may expect (technical or mental)
- their age – sometimes aging a year is good and sometimes not
- any changes to their staff
- any changes in their personal lives
- how did luck play a part in their 2019 ranking?
Another big unknown is tournament draws. All this adds up to probably the most challenging prediction in world sport. But here goes:
|Pablo Carreno Busta||13|
|Alex de Minaur||15|
|Roberto Bautista Agut||21|
Which players do you have locked in for your top 10?
*Outside top 30 in 2019.